Welcome to ASOF
- To perform an Arctic/Subarctic synthesis of mass, heat & freshwater fluxes,
- To interact with scientists and programs studying Arctic/Subarctic ocean ecosystems and biology,
- To assist testing of ocean circulation and biophysical models of the Arctic and Subarctic.
ASOF workshop 2024
Call for abstracts and registration
The workshop this year will be hosted by the Bedford Institute of Oceanography and the Ocean Frontier Institute at Dalhousie University in Halifax Nova Scotia, as a full three day meeting 30 April - 2 May 2024.
Abstracts dealing with the following workshop themes are welcome:
- studies related to better understanding the Arctic/Subarctic Oceans
- Arctic/Subarctic syntheses of mass, heat & freshwater fluxes, and their dynamics
- implications of changing oceans for polar/subpolar carbon fluxes and storage, as well as ecosystem dynamics
- ongoing and planned projects and cruises
- coordination actions such as
We will apply to IASC for travel support for Early Careers Scientists (within 5 years of their PhD) and Indigenous participants to the meeting. Those of you are welcome to indicate this in the registration form.
While we hope for success in the application to IASC we will only know about the outcome a few weeks before the meeting (April). We thus strongly advise those who apply to still find their own funding for the participation. We will start our internal ranking of abstract submissions for the ECS support after the submission deadline, and in case of a positive outcome we will inform the top candidates as soon as possible after the IASC decision and make the support available.
Please submit abstracts and register online until February 15th here.
The meeting will offer online participation options, please indicate your preference in the form.
We look forward to an exciting meeting at the end of April!
Clark, Tom and Michael