Welcome to ASOF
- To perform an Arctic/Subarctic synthesis of mass, heat & freshwater fluxes,
- To interact with scientists and programs studying Arctic/Subarctic ocean ecosystems and biology,
- To assist testing of ocean circulation and biophysical models of the Arctic and Subarctic.
ASOF Workshop 10-12 May 2023
This is a call for abstract submission and registration to join the ASOF workshop 2023 which will kindly be hosted at the 'IOCAG - Instituto de Oceanografía y Cambio Global - Universidad de las Palmas de Gran Canaria' as a full three days meeting 10-12 May 2023.
Abstracts dealing with the following workshop themes will be welcome:
- studies related to better understanding the Arctic/Subarctic Oceans
- Arctic/Subarctic syntheses of mass, heat & freshwater fluxes, and their dynamics
- coordination and planning of future projects on the coupled dynamics of the Arctic and Subarctic oceans, including the physical system and its connection with the marine biogeochemical system and the ecosystem
- contributions to the engagement phase of the Fourth International Conference on Arctic Research Planning (ICARP IV) process
- coordination and planning for the three Arctic DBOs (the well-established Pacific DBO, the on-going establishments of an Atlantic-Arctic DBO as part of the Arctic PASSION project, and a Davis Strait/Baffin Bay DBO)
We have applied to IASC for travel support for Early Careers Scientists to the meeting. Those who identify as ECS (within 5 years their PhD) are welcome to indicate this in the registration form. While we hope for success in the application to IASC we will only know about the outcome a few weeks before the meeting (April). We thus strongly advise ECS who apply to still find own funding for the participation. We will start our internal ranking of abstract submissions for the ECS support after the submission deadline, and in case of a positive outcome we will inform the top candidates as soon as possible after the IASC decision and make the support available instead of the own funding.
Please submit abstracts and register online until February 15th here: https://forms.office.com/e/ky6RRjgQ3R
The meeting will offer online participation options, please indicate your preference in the form.
We look forward to an exciting meeting in May!
Lola, Tom and Michael